Fire breaks out in Express train after battery explosion



Chhindwara : A major mishap was averted when a fire broke out in a compartment after a battery exploded in between the air conditioned and sleeper coaches as soon as an Express train arrived at Pandhurna station here. Railway sources said that the driver of the Patliputra-Bengaluru Sanghmitra Express applied brake to stop the train and an explosion took place in the battery causing the fire last night. However, the passengers got down from the train and the fire tenders doused the flame immediately before it caused any damage. The train started for its destination after about 45 minutes, the sources said.

Share it
Top