CBSE announces NEET results

CBSE announces NEET results


CBSE announces NEET results


New Delhi:  The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) today announced the results of the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017, in which 11,38,890 had enrolled. The NEET test was held on May 7 for admission to MBBS and BDS courses for the academic year 2017-18, in government and private medical and dental colleges. According to the NEET data, 70.58 per cent increase has been recorded from NEET-I, 2016 and 139.37 per cent increase from NEET-II, 2016. This year, out of 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS seats, 15 per cent seats are reserved for the All India Counselling, while the rest 85 per cent seats would be filled through State Counselling, which will be conducted by the respective state governments. This year's result was declared late from the usual schedule, after the Madras High Court stayed the declaration on a plea alleging lack of uniformity in question paper. The Supreme Court on June 12 permitted the CBSE - the official exam organisor - to declare the results of medical entrance examination for the admission to the under graduate courses across the country. The counselling will be conducted separately by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). The All India and State counselling information will be made available on the MCI official website shortly. Since the CBSE NEET results are out now, the admission for the medical courses in the country - BDS and MBBS, will start soon.

Share it
Top