Rajbhar snaps ties with NDA; resigns from UP ministry

Rajbhar snaps ties with NDA; resigns from UP ministry

Ballia, After a long wait and several discussions, Suheldeo Bharatiya Samaj Party (SBSP) has snapped ties with the ruling BJP and NDA and announced to contest 25 Lok Sabha seats in eastern Uttar Pradesh. SBSP president Om Prakash Rajbhar, who is the cabinet minister in the Yogi Adityanath government in the state, has tendered his resignation from the government and announced to contest LS in 25 seats. "I have sent my resignation to the private secretary of the CM late last night," he said. SBSP held a meeting of the party leaders at Rasra here on Monday to take a decision to snap ties with the NDA. The party had to decide to snap ties after the BJP offered just one Lok Sabha seat Ghosi to the party. "We have refused the offer given by the BJP and decided to contest the elections in 25 seats," he said. The BJP had offered Rajbhar to contest Ghosi seat on BJP symbol which had been refused by the SBSP. "We have tried to adjust in the NDA even after insult meted from time to time. But now enough is enough and we will fight against the BJP," he said. He also announced that within a day or two, all the candidates would be announced.

Share it
Top